Kia Motors has, for the first time, launched its compact SUV in India. The Korean automaker has designed the new Kia carskeeping Indian buyers in mind. The SUV rivals Hyundai Creta, Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier, MG Hector, and Renault Captur. The SUV gives tough competition to its rivals when it comes to its pricing. Kia Seltos comes in 16 variants and has two trim line options – Tech line and GT line. The range of the SUV starts at 9.69 lakh, which goes as up as 15.99 lakh depending on the chosen variant.
- Exterior – Kia Seltos is not one of the most spacious SUVs, but it has few special features which set it apart from its competition, and its exterior quality is one of those. The grille in the front has a glossy mesh pattern, and the textured chrome surrounding it makes the look more attractive. The car has DRLs, sleek LED headlamps, along with the angular detailing across the façade. The fresh features added to its exterior are rising window line and sculpting rear hunches. The rear of the car looks modern, and the tailgate is segmented proportionately. The SUV also comes with dual-tone roof and silver rails.
- Interior – The cabin of the Seltos looks uncluttered and clean even when the SUV has few switches and enough profile lines on the dashboard. The SUV comes with two colour options, all black and black with off-white. The GT line trim with the black interiors gives this SUV a sporty feel which is completely in contrast with the Black theme. The Tech line trim goes well with the black and off-white interior theme, and it gives the SUV a sophisticated look.
- Features – The SUV comes with a plethora of features including multimedia, ventilated seats, in-built perfume, air-purifier and traction modes. Furthermore, the SUV has great ambient mood lighting with 8 mono colour themes and 6 multicolour themes. The 10.25 inch HD touchscreen infotainment system is placed beautifully in the centre. There are also 8-speaker setups in Kia Cars.
- Engine – The Kia car comes with three engine and four transmission options. The SUV comes in two petrol and one diesel engine options. The engines of the SUV are BS6 compliant.
- Safety – The body of the SUV is built with advanced high strength steel, and it has six safety kits including airbags, front and rear parking sensors, ABS with EBD, ESP, Hill hold control and other features.
- India Specific features – Seltos is a global product which is manufactured in South Korea and India. To make the SUV more competitive, the manufacturers have made some changes. The air conditioner is uprated to withstand the heat of India, the car also comes with dual-horn setup, and it has better brake and clutch life for the Indian market.
The launch of Seltos marks the entry of Kia’s first car in the Indian market. After MG motor, Kia became the second brand to enter India this year. Kia Car Pricestarts at 9.69 Lakhs. Considering the features, Kia Seltos Price in India is competitive.